Thursday July 28

Birthday Bash Brings Birdies-20, then Buckets-3

Bud's Boys celebrated Leroy's 74th birthday party a day early in a daylong celebration. Those lucky enough to get an invitation were encouraged to wear yellow (or something close to yellow), Leroy's favorite color of golf attire.








Thinking back to my younger days, yellow was a derogatory term in all the Westerns I watched. As in, "You gonna pull that gun or are you yellow?"


  And traffic light yellow meant caution, slow down. Of course, as I got older, I learned a yellow light meant go faster. And check out this newest description of the effects of yellow.


No denying the effects today as most were indeed alert and energized on course, and activity and interaction post round was something to see. The Birthday Boy provided his partygoers with a variety of Kimbeland appetizers and a couple of buckets to wash them down (Thank you, Saint Dawn, for advancing Leroy's allowance). Tom added another Bucket for backup and Raymond provided dessert in the form of cookies (yellow icing naturally).




Highlights of the Yellow effected player

As stated in headline, 20 birdies by the group today.
Tom And Glen (from the blue tees no less) each shoot 3 under par 69's to tally game high 39 points. Three more players top the 30-point mark, 7 shoot +3 or better led by Medalist Glen +9, Tom and Leroy one back at +8. Marty's +7 on the front gives his team a split of the Front, but his 2 birdies catch the Rabbit. Glen's 4 birdies on back along with 1 each from Andy and Bob clinch the Back. Doc's 2nd straight CTP gets some money back for his team. Now Doc must pray for rain on Tuesday or he won't be able to go for the 'Floyd' as he is scheduled to be out of town.

Birthday Power Unleashed!

We would not dare guess or suppose what combination of events on his Birthday morning could bring out the level of play achieved by Leroy today. True, he has been on a roll (+6 yesterday), but today, Wow. Shoots even par on front and follows with solid 15 point back to shoot a 75. Yes, that close to shooting his age. With +4 and +3 from Scott and Butch, they take the other split on Front and also the Total. Well played Birthday Boy!




I am sure Leroy would like to thank all who participated and contributed to a great day on the course. I certainly had a blast. A few more pictures for the unlucky who couldn't be here today.
















Comments

  1. He did it again!.for those that don't know: Obie awards unlike the Tony awards are given for excellence in creativity and excellence of off Broadway theater. Since there's already an Obie award I nominate randy bohn for the buds boys newly established OPIE award for creative writing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. After seeing the last post of our friend in yellow I did indeed feel very invigorated. My brain nerves and glands were stimulated. My brain alerted my memory to actively communicate with my wife. She just told me I now have only 1 yellow cap and 1 yellow shirt left and they can only be worn on holidays! Think yellow. Play yellow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent blog , Randy ! See y’all Wednesday. I nominate LeRoy as my CTP surrogate in my absence . 😜

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Mother's Day 5/12

St. Pat's Day Sunday 3/17

Champion Golfer Full Coverage