Thurs July 14

 


Bud's Boys News

Bill informs us that starting next Tuesday, hole 13 will be open for carts to access fairway. Let us be good role models and not abuse this privilege in any way. 

Mike Kesee has re-joined Kimbeland and was back in action today with his old group. Most know that Mike has the distinction of being brother-in-law of the Bud Man himself. Since we have multiple Mike's in the group, Mr. Kesee will be known on these pages as what Bud calls him, Key Z. By the way, Key Z says Bud has a message for all of us. Simply, "kiss my a**." Good to know Bud sounds like his old self.

Thurs Results

Perfect number of 15, giving us 5 3-man teams gunning for victory.
Players are obviously sharpening their games as all 5 teams finished on the plus side of the ledger. Impressive +4 scores turned in by Clint, Key Z, and Bill. Bill's leads his team to Back 9 win. 
Part-timer DennyM takes his 1st CTP to put his team in the black.

Leroy Takes Charge

Thursday MVP Leroy wins Medalist honors with +8 and top points with an impressive 34. This performance carries his team to victories on Front and Total. Leroy was gracious enough to sit down with our reporter for a quick chat.

Reporter: Leroy, any comments on today's round? 




Leroy: "Well, it is no secret that my teams have not fared very well recently, despite my rather excellent play. When I realized I had drawn Tom and Brian as my partners today, I was left with little choice than to push myself to a higher level since I was unlikely to get any help. Sure enough, I channeled back to my younger days when I was a pretty fair amateur player. I don't like to brag, so not many people know I once played Tom Watson in the first round of the Missouri Amateur, I think about 1970. I won the first 2 holes, but he came back to win, on his way to another Missouri Title. I remembered a little ball striking tip he gave me that day, and to say the least, it served me well today. If you check my scorecard, there are 4 little marks denoting missed short putts. So, my 34 points potentially could have been 38."




Reporter: Care to share this little tip?


Leroy: "One more Amber Bock might help your cause."

While we are waiting for his response, I tried to look up this match with Tom Watson on the internet but came up empty. However, I did uncover this gem from the April 9, 1956 Southeast Missourian. Look at the name above the red marker.




 Yes, Leroy Pourney was D Class boys winner for Monologues. I bet that was one heck of a story that he told. Hopefully, he will share with us some day.




 




Comments

  1. Holy Cow ,LeRoy !!! I hope you score 34 points when we ye up ,big dog !! Doc

    ReplyDelete
  2. LEROY…ur my new HERO!! Welcome back Mike K…we have missed you!!🏌️‍♂️Deano

    ReplyDelete
  3. Leroy, Leroy what’s his name tell me again and Well I be dam I forgot it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Mother's Day 5/12

St. Pat's Day Sunday 3/17

Champion Golfer Full Coverage