Tues Dec 21

The Return of Billie Jo! Plus, Tues Recap (D***it Brandon wins again) and the Race for CTP King in this edition.

Lots to get to so let's get to today's action first. Five teams of 3 competed on a sunny crisp Tuesday. Our thoughts were with Jeff (Lil A) as we teed off. Good Luck in P town Jeff. Rodney starts the show.

Brandon, Westy, and Shelly take front (+8) and overall while Butch, Rick, and Mikey take the back (+4).

Randy Balsman approach on 15 leads to his 2nd consecutive birdie. Shelly takes Medalist +4, one better than Mikey and Scott. Glen tops points list with 32, one better than both Randy Bs. 

Race for CTP


Mark wins CTP today over teammate Glen (Big A) to stretch lead to 3 with only a week and change to go. We asked Mark about his chances.
MARK: " I am putting the clubs away for the rest of the year, very confident my lead will hold. Glen is known as Iceman not because he is cool under pressure, but because he freezes up. At least that is what Jeff tells me". 

ASK BUD'S BOYS

This edition of Ask Bud's Boys features our old friend Billie Jo.

I bet when you looked at Billie Jo's picture you noticed the same thing I did. That's right, she uses the same Ping driver I do! That leads to her question.

BILLIE JO: "Hey Bud's Boys, I have another question for you but first let me thank Westy for his tip. I am busting my drives even further. I play a lady's flex shaft set at 11 degrees loft. Am I allowed to adjust during a tournament or league round? Thanks for your help."
You are welcome, Billie Jo and normally I would turn you over to our rules guru and arbiter Leroy. Unfortunately, this is his day to call Bingo at the Sisters of St. Peter Paul and Mary retirement convent so I will answer. By the way, my Ping is set at 9 degrees with a regular flex, not as stiff as when I was younger. The answer to your question is no (rule 4.1a(3)). I can tell you if you played with us, you could adjust all you want and probably have volunteers to help you. Hope this helps.

Results and numbers






 

 


Comments

  1. Dear Bobbi Jo - once again , as a regular shaft Ping driver set at 10.5 degrees - l feel honored that we share similar type of golfing armamentarium !! Please ask for more advice . Doc

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Bobbi Jo,
    I am considering a wedge purchase, how much bounce do you have on your equipment?
    Raymond

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Mother's Day 5/12

St. Pat's Day Sunday 3/17

Champion Golfer Full Coverage